Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identifying Items With Different Prices by Location 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD5241

Technical User
Jan 17, 2005
US
We've been running into an issue where we have some items with multiple locations (up to 6), but their retail prices don't all match, probably human error when updating them. They are supposed to be the same across all locations. I need to come up with a way to identify any that don't match so we can correct them.

I've found that the correct price isn't always the same location, it can be any one of them. We've been finding them as one offs when someone enters a sales order and notices the price is incorrect. I'm looking to compare the prices across all locations for each item, and flag items where the price isn't the same across all locations. Meaning, three locations could have the right price, one could be wrong, or any combination of that.

My SQL skills are a bit rusty and I honestly don't know where to start to write a query to accomplish this in a quick manner. I couldn't find anything on the ECi support portal either, which is generally really good for troubleshooting articles.

Below is an example, looking at the iminvloc_sql table. I'm hoping someone else has run into this, or at least knows more than I do and can offer a suggestion. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

We are on the latest version of Macola 10.

iminvloc_table_q7fdnf.jpg

If you are just looking to identify all item numbers where the prices are not consistent, you could just compare the lowest and highest prices;

SELECT il.item_no
FROM iminvloc_sql il
GROUP BY
il.item_no
HAVING MIN(il.price) <> MAX(il.price)

Peter Shirley

That worked perfectly. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back