Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identifying Inactive Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdB

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
US
I'm trying to identify inactive accounts based on the last activity date so that I can update the status to inactive.

I was hoping to do this using two VI jobs. The first would export all accounts with an activity date prior to let's say 1/1/2000. I would then update the status on this exported file then run a second VI job to re-import the accounts.

Could anyone help me determine what file I need to use to find the activity date? I've looked through all of the G/L file layouts, but I haven't been able to find a specific reference to this data item.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

I'm not that familiar with Visual Integrator, but I do a lot of exporting of MAS information into Excel through ODBC connections.

I'd suggest download the detailed transaction history into Excel using your filter criteria (i.e. dates) and then download the chart of accounts in another tab.

You can then create a VLOOKUP to the detailed transactions and create an IF found statement ACTIVE, otherwise INACTIVE.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

EdB , are you trying to identify GL accounts ? or Customer and Vendor accounts ?

Steven Yvinec-Kruyk
Ubisoft Canada

We are running Macola 7.5.102 (that's an old version). I am looking at changing to a new system for accounting, order processing, distribution and manufacturing.

Has anyone switched from Macola to MAS 90 or 200? If so, would you share your thoughts and experiences with me?

Thank you.

Hi Randva,

I really don't think that this question is relevant to this thread. I would recommend that you start a new thread for this topic.

Steven Yvinec-Kruyk
Ubisoft Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back