Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

identifying duplicates in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvl

Technical User
Aug 3, 2004
US
Hi,

I need help with a report, I need to identify duplicate part numbers. Is there a code i can use or can it be done with conditional formating.

Thank you in advance.

CVL

Little more info needed.

Are you trying to use the report as a log of duplicates? Or are you trying to exclude duplicates and show only non-duplicates?

If you're trying to just display duplicates in the same table, couldn't you use a Duplicates Query (through the New Query Wizard) to isolate these, and then set that query as the report's Record Source? Is there something else you need done? Because that should, in effect, do what I think you're asking for. It would only show records (based on criteria you know would be the same, for example, a part number) that are exactly alike in the same table.

Thank you for your response.
A little more detail on what my problem is.

I have a report with fields such as part number, qty, order numer, due date, etc.
The part number may appear multiple times on diffirent orders.
On the report i need all the orders but i need to identify the part number when it is duplicated.

Thank you for your help

Well, it still sound like a Duplicates Query is what you need. If the report is based from a table, you can just create a Duplicates Query against that Part Number field. If it's based from a Query, you can just tweak the query to be a Duplicates Query. Again, that would only list those parts where the part number is duplicated in the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back