Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

identify weekend in VBA 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiteCrawlr

Programmer
Mar 16, 2001
BR
How can I make a VBA code in Excel that identify weekends in a Date type cell. When it identify a weekend I want it to change the color of the whole line.

Help please,
TKS

Nite

Thanks guys. Your expertise astounds me.

I've managed to sort this out using a mixture of your suggestions.

I'll join you in [cheers] if you'd welcome an outsider!

And the star goes to Bowers74 or Beniez ????

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?[/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

and I've just realised that when I was referring to NiteCrawlr, it should've been hjgoldstein [blush]

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?[/blue]

Just one more tip regarding Geoff's comment

"Problem is that the little udf isn't much code but it WILL require macros to be enabled for it to work":

If you use the functions, you can put them into a seperate workbook and save that workbook as an Add-in. If you have the Trust all installed add-ins and templates under Tools->Macro->Security... in the Trusted Sources tab, after installing the Add-In you won't be asked to Enable Macros.

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Good tip Mike - have a star for that alone but as a side note, you then have to make sure that the users know how to install add-ins ;-)

Rgds, Geoff

Which can sometime be more difficult than writing the code. ;-)

Thanks for the star! [wavey]

I don't think goldsein is coming back. He unmarked the thread. Oh well, I guess we'll never know who helped him. :-(

At least he got the help he needed, right?

[cheers] Had one left from yesterday.

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

[L O L] - darn tootin' Mike
Time for this thread to die methinks :)

Rgds, Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back