Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identify this modem Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstep1

Technical User
Dec 23, 2002
US
I am having problems finding a driver for my modem because I don't know what kind it is.
Here's someinfo I found on it.
ENF656-PCIG-INPR
It has an Intel chip onit
CE0197 x
Hope this helps.
Thanks to all that respond
Gary

This is very close

Lucent Data Fax V.92 Modem (Chipset: Agere SV92P-T00 / CD:
Fax Talk (Green/Orange) / MANF ID: ENF656-PCIG-LUPR(S/N) / Release: 10/02)

Intel Voice Data Fax V.92 Modem (Chipset: MD5628D-L-C / CD:
Fax Talk (Purple/Red) / MANF ID: ENF626-GPCI-INPR / Release:10/02)

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

you have a
ENCORE
INTEL FAX MODEM DATA 56K V.92 PCI

INTEL FAX MODEM DATA 56K V.92 PCI
Is what I have you guys were extremly helpful.
THanks.

please help!!! I am trying to redo the compaq presario 1200 my husband managed to crash (he wasn't keeping his av current). I need help w/ the modem... i accidentally told the computer to install a HSP56 WDM Communication Device, it has created it's own icon in the control panel and under device manager, it is listed as 'WDM Modem Enumerator' (whatever that is???). Anyway, when I try to remove it, which I'e tried while in device manager as well as Add/Remove it locks the computer up...any suggestions welcome, i don't know what else to do w/ it besides a BIG hammer!! lol.

The enumerator is the software end of a software modem. It is used to emulate some of the hardware of a hardware modem. I haven't had any problems removing this from device manager but if your system won't let you, try booting in safe mode and then deleting it if you aren't using a software modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back