Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identify Motherboard Make and Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy100

Technical User
Jun 25, 2004
GB
Hi

I have a motherboard which I'm having difficulty finding the make and model.
There are no branding signs on the board itself and I've tried a few system software's like Sandra, PC Wizard, cpuz etc. but none give me the make and model.

I know quite a bit about the board.
The BIOS ID is - 01/30/2001-694X-686B-JR6LJC4DC-00
The Chipset is a VIA Apollo Pro 133A VT82C694X (694X-686A)

I've done quite a lot of hunting for these references on Google, but found it difficult to identify the exact board, I did think it was made by Chaintech, but now I'm not so sure, as could find the exact same board on there site?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Happy.

Yeah thats a hard one, ok its easy to see if you say an Intel or Via chipset, but what exact model and mannufacturer is difficult. Sadly one of of my MB's is still a mystery. There nothing on it at all. I've chased that one myself and achieved very little. Clues seem to run out quickly. I'll be interested to see how this strain of questioning turns out. Good Luck.

Vangola (Dublin)

Ps There is probably a utility.

Hmm not sure if this will help but try downloading Belarc advisor

Is a free utility that does a complete inventory of your machine (including cd keys for programs etc)

Brillaint piece of software although im not sure if itll go into much more detail about the board then you already have... worth a try mind you?

~ You have nothing to fear but fear itself... n maybe the Microsoft Corp ~

Tried that one, it didn't give anymore info than I already have.

However, I have made some progress -

I downloaded this dos app to give me the bios info -

and then went here to find out who made my board (used the top search option) -

Hope that helps you, Vangola.

If I find out more, I'll let you guys know.

Happy. :)

Hi chaosinc

I downloaded and installed that software, when it tries to scan the PCI bus it all freezes.
I did try another simular product call Everest and that froze at the same point.

Any ideas, could it be BIOS settings?

Thanks, Happy.

Happy100,
Try looking for some print on the mobo between the PCI slots.

Try googling any and all names and numbers you can find anywhere on the mobo, anything at all and google it.

Usually though, motherboards org will alway help. Did you post on the forum? If not then thats what to do. They have never failed me if i posted. Totally amazing those people, as amazing as the people here!!

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Hi guys

Thanks for all your help, I think we have tracked this one down, is turned out to be an OEM Board, hence no markings, made by Chaintech, we think the model is a 6AJA4, but we only found this by hunting through the online manuals to find a picture that was close enough.
BIOS upgrade for that model worked anyway!

Thanks again, Happy. :)

You may be able to ID it with the FCC # if it has one on it.

Just marked up as FCC Standard for Home or Office use!

Pretty sure now it is the Chaintech 6AJA4.

Thank anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back