Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDE resets each time I start VFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirkVFP

Programmer
Aug 25, 2005
NL
Hi all,

I've been using VFP7 for some time now and I've never had any problems with the IDE. But since last friday all my settings are gone. Each and every time I start VFP the IDE is in its default state. Redecorating my IDE to my likings is something I want to do once, and not each time I fire up VFP.

I've checked the Tools > Options menu, but I can't get this annoying problem solved. How can I get back to the VFP I liked so much? ;)

Dirk,

These settings are stored in the resource files (FOXUSER.DBF and FOXUSER.FPT).

Things to check:

- The above files are not flagged as read-only (check their properties in Windows Explorer).

- You don't have SET RESOURCE OFF in your startup program.

- You don't have RESOURCE = OFF in a config.fpw file.

If none of the above helps, try deleting the two FOXUSER files. VFP should recreate them the next time you start.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Mike,

Thanks for the quick response!
While looking for these files (you didn't mention a specific location) I saw these files were stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Microsoft\Visual FoxPro.

Seeing the path, it reminded me that you can adjust some file locations. It turned out that the resource file had been checked off. I turned it on and it all worked like before (so basically SET RESOURCE was OFF).

How it happened I don't know, but all works fine now.
Thanks again!

Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back