Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDE mirrored drives rebuilding after reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2001
US
I have a NT4 SP5 server that everytime it is rebooted it rebuilds the mirror. The system is not shutdown dirty. I just upgraded the drives from 2 4gb drives to 2 20gb drives. This is an older server P1 class motherboard. Could the bios need flashed? Any suggestions? I used Ghost to swap out the orginal drives and redid the partitions at that time also. A+ MCP
deans@bellsouth.net

Did you ghosted the two drives?. did you cancell the mirroring before doing using the ghost?... do breack mirroring first, ghost again, use an utility to resize the new disk to a larger size then mount the next drive create the same size partition as the first drive and create mirroring again.

If you have done this before, then you better break the mirroring on the two drives, reboot and then create it again.

Yes I did do that. I broke the mirror then ghosted the drive. Then re-mirrored the drive. I got onsite and it was has only done it twice, yesterday and today. When the mirroring got finished today when I got there, I was able to shut it down and it came up fine. No problems, I think the client just freaked out and I also think they didn't shut down the server correctly. As the person I needed to talk to wasn't there, I could not get all the info. Thanks for the reply I will have to wait and see how it goes. A+ MCP
deans@bellsouth.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back