Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDE driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunstriker

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
GB
Hi
My first post here!
After recovery from 218 stop error I had problems with primary ide being present with the exclamation mark in device manager.
I notice I have a via bm driver in scsi and raid which is conflicting with primary ide . The problem is I cant find a way to delete this. This raid driver was not present in my original setup and must have come when I tried to instal via filter driver. I was running miniport but I think this caused the registry failure.
Anyone know how I can sort this out.
Btw my system runs fine...but I just have a feeling it aint right
Thx
Sun

I would suggest going to your System Board Manufactures Website and Downloading the Win2k Drivers for that System Board. That should fix it.

Also check the Windows Update Site as it sometimes cntains Drivers for some Hardware.

Tesh
:)

Hi
Well that doesnt work...
My cd/dvd is an scsi device
Primary ide has exc mark
via ide bm driver is still present under raid-which I dont have
secondary ide is ok

When I try to uninstall the bm driver the system hangs on shut the one under raid has no uninstal button
Anyone any other suggestions..now Im getting mad...I still darent shutdown!!
Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back