Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDE Driver for Netware 3.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffkelly

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
Does anyone know where to get a NW3.12 compatible ide driver that supports UDMA mode 5 hard drives? I installed the most recent 3.12 driver from Novell's website, but it downgrades my HDD speed causing high utilization. As a test, I installed a Promise Ultra 100 card and it fixed my problem. However, I would rather use the on-board controller if possible. Thanks.

Hi, Jeff

Don't know which driver you mean by 'most recent'. If it is IDE.DSK then there is an alternative. See the FAQ in this forum for a good discussion of supporting large IDE disks. I'm not sure if that one supports UDMA mode 5 or not or if maybe that is the one you are using already, but might be worth a look.

Jock

I found a Promise Ultra 100 driver from the Asus website that solved all my problems. The driver posted on the Promise website works, but causes high server utilization. The Asus driver dropped the server utilization to 1/10 of the Promise driver. I later decided to switch to SCSI for my 3.12 server and use the Ultra 100 card/80 gig drives in a Novell 4.11 server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back