Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDC forward question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalgear

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
US
I have a 800# which points to a dn through the IDC tables. The dn it points to is an extension on key 1 on a 2616. They are trying to forward this number to voice mail and it is not working. Is there a way to do this?

It depends on how it is being forwarded. If the LHK of the phone is not set up right, then the Hunt Busy (HTA) and the Forward No Answer (FNA) will not work properly. If this is your problem, change your LHK to 1 for that phone. But I would really need more detail about how you are sending it to voice mail and exactly what you are trying to do with it when it gets there to give you a full answer.

We have several phones with the same extension on key 1. Someone from the outside dials an 800# (xxx-xxx-xxxx). This 800 number is routed through the idc table to the extension on key 1. The phone which has the marp is trying to forward this to voicemail, so that when all associates need to attend a meeting the calls will go to voice mail. The lhk is set to 3.

If this is a SCR key this should work, but if you have a MCR key programmed for this, each phone must be forwarded to the voice mail. Of course the phone(s) should have CLS CFTA to allow call forward.

there are two other things to try:

1. Add the DNIS from the 1800 number as an extension DN on the mailbox.

2. Add CLS=SFA for the set with the MARP on it.

Sorry about my delayed response, but the first option above should fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back