Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICS software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioman1

Technical User
Aug 21, 2005
US
My system version shows up as SP:30BCK11NAT.
Does anyone know what this is. 4.0, 4.1 etc??
Will this work for automatic Caller ID?

If you look in the cabinet and look at the software card, there should be a white sticker that tells you your software type.

The number on the cart shows NT7B64AH
2.0 Standard.

Will this function as automatic caller ID?

All of the ICS software versions will support CLID. I do not know what you mean by “automatic.” No matter what software you have, you still need CLID cards in the ICS (hardware,) and you will need to subscribe to the CLID service from your dial-tone provider.

There is a way to have the caller ID from an outside line show up in the LCD display without pushing a feature ie:
811. I think I am talking about automatic call display.
I do have the correct trunk card. All I see now when an incoming call comes in is the time and date. I think I have set it up correct to display the info but??
I should see something even if it is call on line 001
or something??

This is a shot in the dark but try to turn off static time and date on the phone by pressing:

Feature #806

Then see what comes up on your display.

Just a thought...

Check the programing under Sets in telco features and set up call display there. There are some options that have to be set up for the set to display and for log sizes. The line has to ring on the set also.

The line is set to appear and ring. The setings are to show name. But I do not get anything on the display when the line rings but date and time.

Yes I do. It must be a setup issue, but I am not sure what.

on older software must assign clid in trunk programming to a set that has said line set to appear/ring or just ring

Mystery solved.
SBC said they have activated the Caller ID function on my line when in fact they had not. All is well and it works fine. Don't trust what the Telco tells you..
jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back