Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICS on 2003 Domain controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

babalwan2000

Programmer
Oct 21, 2004
GB
hi guys

I've just registered my domain name with a free dns service and have provided my broadband Ip address.
I've also built a win2k3 domain controller which is connected to the internet.my problem arises when I try and plug a wireless router into the second network adapter, I realised that ICS should not be enabled on a domain controller. How can I have my domain controller online and the wireless router as well?
I hope this makes sense. Thanks

Thanks markdmac

I've managed to setup the NAT. My second Nic is connected to a wireless router, how do I configure this to work.
I followed the wizard in remote access and routing and selected the second nic for the internal network.
I then connected my wireless router to it and then still cant get internet on it.
hope this makes sense. please advise.

Internet===>Router w/NAT===>Server External NIC 10.0.0.2

Intranet===>Switch=========>Server Internal NIC 192.168.0.2

The above is just an example of how to configure this. Use whatever IP schemes you want.

Alternatively you can use just one NIC on the Server

Internet===>Router w/NAT===>Switch===>Server NIC 192.168.0.2

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Hi Markdmac

Sorry this still hasn't worked.
I use a belkin F5D7230-4 router which has a firewall and NAT capabilities. I went to the port forwarding properties on the router and and added my webserver's IP address.
I registered my Ip address with a Dns Service, not sure what happened but now when I type in I get my router's configuration page, instead of my website. I'm now attempting to flash my wifi router and start all over again.
Not sure if this is the right forum for me to post this.

your help is most appreciated, thanks

Thanks Markdmac

Port forwarding was my answer. I had a virtual servers option on the router. I added the internal address of my webserver
and now I can now share the internet.

Sorry for the delay but great thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back