Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Icons on Desktop All the Sudden Appear Very Large 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blroach

MIS
Sep 22, 2010
US
I have 5 users that, when they have locked their computers prior to stepping away from their desks, upon returning and unlocking their computers, their desktop icons are very big. They can adjust them back to their original size, but does any one know why this is happening and know how to prevent it from happening. Windows 7 on Dell desktops. Doesn't happen all the time, maybe 2-3 times a month. Have checked for spyware.

Thanks

On your desktop, hold "Control" and roll your mouse wheel.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

How crazy is it that I had a user ask me this samething yesterday? I had not ever seen this before and tought I would like to make my desktop icons larger. Now I know how to fix the issue and make mine that way!

Thanks you for the helpful post gbaughma!

Comput3rGuy

That's what Tek-Tips is all about. :) Glad I was able to help.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back