Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Icons disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcdaniel

Programmer
Feb 9, 2007
US
I lost my network connection and with it my current work but I also lost the Icons which displayed what files I have checked out.

I checked in the files and rechecked them out but the icons are still gone. In VSS the files are listed as checked out by me.

I'm using VB 6.

Can anyone please assist me in getting these icons back?

I have also lost my drop-down menu to VSS while in VB. For instance if/when I right click on a file I do not get any VSS options as I did before (like Get Latest, Check Out, etc...). I can still get into VSS through the VB options from the Tool menu.

Hi there,

It seems the project has been disconnected from source control. You can try re-binding the solution as follows:

Remove all instances of "vssver.scc" and "mssccprj.scc" in your projects directories then reset all your files properties so they aren't read-only. (Removing those files will disconnect your project from VSS. Resetting the read-only flags will allow you to edit your project again.)

Thanks.

Sorry for not replying sooner....I was on vacation! CatherineSea, you are the BOMB!!!! Thanks much. If I could give you more stars I would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back