Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICB 4.0 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokerel

Technical User
Jan 11, 2007
GB
I have a cs1000e 5.0 system, new install, with a PRI line and a ICB rls 4 installed. I use IP Phones as extensions.

When I dial into the conference bridge, either from the IP phones, or on the PRI line, the voice prompts are very noisy and distorted; the users barely understand what the conference asks: name and password on login.

Do I have to worry about the ICB being defective? I couldn't find anything in the NTPs regarding this possible issue.

Thanks in advance.
Radu.

have you rebooted the MICB card? try that first, otherwise I had that happen once and it was a bad card!

yeah, I tried rebooting. Thing is this issue only appears on the ICB. Other calls have perfect voice quality, so it must be something with the card.

yeah, i'd imagine that the DSP's are a little hot.... time for a new one.........

I've noticed something on the reboot: the card is setup to use mu-law. How do I change this to A-Law? I'm in Europe and I have the phones and the PRI set to A-law.
I'm browsing through the debug cli menu now, but there is no NTP describing the commands.

I've managed to solve the issue partially by manually converting all the wav files to a-law. Now the voice prompts are no longer distorted, but I still have a problem that happened before the change. When I try to use a dial-out group, I get this message on the ICB serial port:

0043 DEBUG PH171 03-13 09:20:34:510 phth_audit: dsps error on port 4

0044 DEBUG CNF043 03-13 09:20:34:511 Cnf104: FATAL error in state 4: orig.=3, reas.=3, memb.=4. Session crashed!!!

0045 DEBUG PH176 03-13 09:20:35:787 th_default_ev: port 4 st DISABLE aux 0 prev 5, bad ev EA_SET_READY_ON

0046 DEBUG APP012 03-13 09:20:35:793 Drainer: SIGNAL_ERROR, port- 4

Also, on the call server I get an err message: ERR049 4 0 2 8

The Terminal Number is in unplugged state (locked out), so it cannot
process a force answered call. The system puts the associated set into
Make Set Busy state.
Plug in the set. If the set is still out of service, check the wiring.
Severity: Minor

I verified the icb ports I defined as 2616 sets, and everything seems fine, but still doesn't work.

Could it have something to do with the fact the ICB's DSP is still configured to use Mu-law?

Just curious, if you unplug one of your phones being used in a Call Center that has nothing to do with the ICB do you see the ERR049 code show up for that logged in phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back