Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iCare gift card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryroanderson

Systems Engineer
Oct 18, 2017
US
One of the properties I manage is having issues with their Gift Cards. They were on Symphony when then opened, but had some issues so switched to Micros 3700.
When they made the change they lost some functionality in selling GC's.
The actual sales go through (GC Balance, Sale, Reload, Redeem), we can see the card balances change in MyMicros, but nothing shows up on the terminal in the guest check detail.
So say a guests order is $20 and they want to use a $20 gift card.
I can process a GC Redeem which will strip $20 from the GC, but the check is left unchanged.
Same result when doing the other functions, absolutely nothing shows on the terminal/guest check.
I have checked the settings for this property against the settings for the other properties I manage (which none have this issue) and everything seems to be identical. The only things I can't check are the encrypted svc config files.
Oracle wants to charge me to re-install the gift card set up, and I'd rather not.

Anyone have any ideas of how to fix or a comparable work around?

In your tenders you should have an "SVC Send" and an "SVC Redeam" for your gift cards. Make sure the redeem is connected to the icare interface you should have setup. What adapter are you using?

Thanks for your reply! The tenders and interfaces are set up identically to the other working properties I have.

What adapter are you using? Microssvc? Does the adapter log show anything? Possibly something in the adapter config file?

In Icare did you map the tender key to the redemption event?

Using msvc-micros. I just ran a transaction, no error in the log, and a correct balance increase, but no "sale" in the terminal/guest check detail. Which config file? The svc config files are encrypted.

Look for the svcServer file in the adapter folder. If should be editable. Make sure your tender key code is the same in icare, the adapter file and 3700 Do you get an error code?

The svcServer file matches my other properties. The tender keys match accordingly. No errors show in any of the logs I've looked at.

Are you locations linked through icare? (They are all under one property. One gift card sols at one location works for all locations) Or do they use separate icare accounts?

Yes, all locations are linked through iCare. But we do have one property that isn't under that umbrella and we have card rules for foreign cards to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back