Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICA Client not connecting to Citrix server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vetter96

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
US
I just reinstalled windows on one of my computers. I installed the Citrix Client 6.31.1051. In the settings I gave it the address for the server, and port number (tcp/ip-Https). Im using a valid login name and password, as well as the correct domain. After this I can refresh the application set and view the icons of the programs I have avail. But when ever I attempt to launch one of the programs it gives me this error

"Network or Dialup problems are preventing communication with the citrix server. An attempt to automaticly restore the connection will begin after a delay to let the network recover. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator."

I dont believe the network connection is the problem. I can loginto the domain, get an application set, browse the network, and use the internet. So im baffled by this one. If any one could help out, I would be greatfull.

Dave

Had a similar problem with Program Neighbourhood agent and it ended up being a terminal services licensing problem where the License server was not available, might not be this but worth a check.

Cheers

The "Network problem" could be name resolution - check the DNS settings on the client.

Can you telnet the Citrix server on that port from that client? CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

We have resolved the problem, thanks for the help. It was the terminal services liscensing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back