Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ibook 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesfg02

Technical User
Jan 16, 2006
US
What's the latest version of safari I can run on a 10.1.5 and where could I down load it? Are there any free OS upgrades for 10.1.5?

The good news is that all iBooks can run the latest OSX version, the bad news is it is not free.

Software Updates should have the latest free versions.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

IIRC, 10.1.5 was the last version of 10.1.

Each major upgrade to OS X costs money - you can go to Tiger, or you might be able to pick up a legit copy of Panther on eBay. Any legal copy of Panther will automatically upgrade to the last version (10.3.9) via Software Update.

Beware of Tiger 10.4. It comes on dvd and an ibook that ran 10.1 most likely has a cd player only.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

What needs to be done to upgrade a Mac. Are their a lot of steps involved. Any good tech notes on this?

If you're talking an iBook, it's like most notebooks and kind of hard to upgrade hardware wise - not to mention the cost. You might be able to find a recent version, Apple factory refurb from Apple with same warranty as new for about $800. They usually can be found at Apple.com. clcik on Store and scroll down ring to Special deals. Then scroll through the refurbs until you get iBook.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back