Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM WS AdminServer 4.0 service terminated with service-specific error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcya

Programmer
Jan 28, 2004
US
I have installed WebSphere 4.0.4 on a Windows 2000 Server, but when I try to start the AdminServer I get the following error message:

Windows could not start the IBM WS AdminServer 4.0 on Local Computer. For more information, review the System event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 10.

When I check the event viewer, it says is:

IBM WS AdminServer 4.0 service terminated with service-specific error 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

- is your repository database running ?
- use windows task manager ---process and kill java process if there is java process from websphere.

- run the websphere services via control panel--services

regards,
AIX43

How do you tell if your repository database is running?

I checked and there are no java processes running on the server.

When I try to run the websphere services via control panel is when I get the "Windows could not start the IBM WS AdminServer 4.0 on Local Computer. For more information, review the System event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 10." error message.

When I try to run the AdminServer from a command line, it just comes back with "Writing java dump to /javacore1996.1075318149.txt..."

Thanks so much for your help!!!

I think you must reinstall WAS, you can use step by step installation from IBM Websphere V4.0 advanced edition (download from redbooks).

Regards,
AIX43

I re-installed WebSphere and that seemed to work. During the initial install, the database repository was not created. Not sure why, but re-installing it seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back