Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM updateXpress complete mess!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joflizn

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2002
Hi,

I try to update my xseries 235 server with ibm updatexpress version 2.03 but i doesn't seem to work. When the boot cd is launched, it gives me all the devices to be upgraded but when i continue. I got: flashing system diagnostic, program too big to fit in memory (i have 1,5Go RAM) and it stucks.
How can I solve it? Should i try to free some RAM and how to do it on a xseries 235?

Thanxs.

Hi there,

I don't think this is in regards to your machine's ram, usually this error during a flash means that either the Bios is out of Ram for some reason, or you are out of low memory in DOS.

It appears that you are running the cd as the boot device correct? The update express cd should set itself up correctly to avoid the low dos memory problems.

Do the other flashes (IE bios) work? If so, you may try flashing everything else and do that one from a stand alone floppy disk upgrade. Not the best solution, but may function better.

kosekjm

Did you get a manufactured CD or download the .ISO and burn your own? If the latter, take a look at the size of your .ISO - it should be 607MB (637,167,616 bytes).

Try taking the amount of physical memory down to 512MB & running the Update Xpress CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back