Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM surepos lose calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

posknowitall

Technical User
Dec 2, 2005
US
IBM surepos lose calibration frequently. CAlibration will work for awhile and then just goes wacky. Using Touchware program. Calibration goes all the way through test. 4 point and 25 point. Then when asked to move finger around to test it doesn't work. Unplugged term for a while and when I turned it back on. Worked just fine. Ideas, anyone. I'm going nuts!

Hi,
I dont know this system, but could the IRQ for its com port be set to some other peripheral device?
Steve

Verify power supply voltages are right on the money. If 12volts and 5 volts are off more than .3 volts, you'll have issues. -Especially with 5v since it drives logic.

MegabyteCoffee.com

What's the machine type and model? something like 4840-533 the 4840 is the MT and the model is 533. They are all different,and have different screens and controllers.

also make sure to check the terminal is plugged into a ground guard. I have seen faulty power make terminals loose calibration. run the linearazation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back