Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM ServeRAID problem with windows 2000 or XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

erloppy

Technical User
Jul 31, 2004
ES
I´ve got an IBM Serveraid Controller on an EPOX Mother Board, the trouble is that the Controller works fine on RedHat linux, but it doesn´t work with windows 2000 o XP.
As soon as I install the controller with IBM TL Driver 6.1 windows says that it cannot load the controller´s device for this hardware. It´s possible that the controller might be damaged or it´s imposible to be found. (Code 39)

Can anybody help me?

What ServeRAID Model is the adapter ? Also what are you connecting to the adapter ?

IBM ServeRaid I, the firt model.
I connect a Hot swap cage with 5 hard disk, 2 drive in RAID 0 and 3 drive in RAID 5.

All is IBM.

Thanks.

Linux has built in default SCSI driver which will recognize the adapter as a SCSI device if there is no driver for the adapter, and ServeRAID adapter drivers are some of the default drivers that Linux loads when it detects the adapter in your hardware. In Windows, I do not think it is the same, so you may have to get the drivers for the adapter from elsewhere.

The drivers for this adapter is available at the following website :

but these are for Linux.

You can find out more information about this adapter :

You may try these sites, but do check and confirm with IBM first whether these drivers can be used or not.

I've never had any trouble with Win2k, but you seem to have something a little different there. I think there maybe a serverraid version with software config to launch win2k installation on the ibm site (not sure - but check it out) In any case if you get the drivers and copy them to a floppy or Cd, then hit F6 soon after Win2K begins to install and follow the directions everything should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back