Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM ServeRAID 8k, 8k-l, and 8i SAS driver for DOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socratech

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2009
I need a DOS driver for a building a ghost boot disk for a IBM ServeRAID 8k/8k-l SAS controller. IBM's site has nothing but Win2k/Win2k3 drivers for the IBM ServeRAID 8k/ 8k SAS controllers. I understand this adapter, while loaded under Win2k3 uses an Adaptec driver according to what I'm seeing in Device Manager. Does anyone know if there is a DOS-based driver available for these types of controllers? Thank you in advance for any help or tip you might provide. I've been to Adaptec's site as well, but don't see anything except support for their specific model SAS controllers.

hi,
for many years, I used such technic to ghost PC/Server,
using DOS+Ghost/PartitionEditor.

From 2 years I leaved such way for impossibilty or great
difficult to retrieve DOS drivers, or, when found, be able to manage memory limits.

I sayd STOP !

I started to use BartPe with WindowsXPSP2, and many PlugsIn, as Ghost8, Paragon, Windows-Diskpart,...
(Instead BartPE, you can use Ultimate boot CD,
very known but never used)

I suggest to invest 1 or 2 days of your time to download
BartPE ( ) and, using your Ghost8 as binary, make a Ghost plug-in.

You can embedd WinXP-8k/8kl device driver in such CD, or, at begin, press F6 when BartPE starts,
and provide 8k-windowsXP device driver ,
as you do when install XP.

(Even you have WS2K3 installed on server, if you privide XP CD during BartPE building, you have to load XP device driver. I've tried BartPE with W2K3, but with XPSP2 I have foud less problems after, deploying plugs-in and DiskPart).

bye
vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back