Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM server x3200 M3 HDD replace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alen.kadic

Technical User
Aug 27, 2017
BA
Hallo, this is my first post on forum. I am beginner in server's and now I have problem . I bought 3 HDD for IBM x3200 M3
IBM 600GB 6G 15K 3.5" 49Y1866 to replace3 old 160GB HDD. Now, I see in compatibility list that I need HDD with number IBM 600GB 6G 15K 3.5" 44W2244. Whether hdd with this tag 49Y1866 will be able to work on my server.
Thanks in advance
Alen

Yes, they will work, but you will have to take the drives out of the drive caddy and use the caddy from the old 160GB drives.

I am happy to see such an old server which is still used. My server is IBM System x3650 M3 Server. I am trying to upgrade it too.

We offer Comprehensive, Responsive, and Efficient 3rd party Server support and maintenance for IBM POWER / System X Servers.We are pleased to offer extended warranty for IBM Server X products (includes warranty replacements and refurbished product) simply by registering your products with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back