Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Netfinity 5100, Tivoli, WIN2k and "blue screen of death"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siriusownsthenight

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2003
GB
Can anyone please help me out with avoiding a potential threat to my Tivoli Monitoring project?

I am currently involved in installing Tivoli endpoints on all out LAN based servers and, more importantly, our clients serervs.

To make full use of Tivoli, we are re-enabling the physical and logical disk counters on all netfinity/xSeries servers. But it is claimed that in doing this, we risk damaging the boot partition/boot sector and we get a BSKdeath at NT loader stage of the O/S boot.

We recently lost our mail server when the counters were enabled - however, the server had not been rebooted or shutdown in over four months.

So my question is this. Does windows disk counter, both logical or physical, cause issues which later result in BSKdeath?

I have so far drawn a big blank with various technet sites and would have assumed that this issue be heavliy documented, and further, addressed with a windows SP or hotfix.

Any TIVOLI guru's out there that can help??

Thanks for reading!!!

"If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"

Did you ever find a cause or solution for this problem? I had the same thing occur, now the system completely shutsdown at the end of the windows boot screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Robdot, will the exclamation mark ! in the front panel lighted-up when it shutdown? If so call for IBM tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back