Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM LTO FSC CODES

Status
Not open for further replies.

geny

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
US
Hi does anyone have a definitive list of the FSC codes with descriptions for the IBM LTO?
Appreciate any help.
Geny

Hi, I did try google, unfortunately there were no definitive lists of the codes, there were some FSC references, mostly only 1 or 2 codes as part of a firmware upgrade. I am looking for LTO3 and LTO4 codes now.
Regards Geny

Are you referring to the single digit code on the front panel or codes via the serial interface on the back of the drive?

David

Hi David, I am looking for s definitive list of the FSC Fault symptom codes as displayed in ITDT, or via the serial port. The Single Character Display codes are available in the service manual, which I have.

Many thanks Andrew

Andrew,
I have codes that are reported back to IBM's ntutil that may be what you want. They are on page 383 of this document:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Doc/IBM_Tape_Driver_IUG.pdf

Please let me know if this is not helpful.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back