Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Director PegasusProviderAdapter Not releaseing file handles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnE66

MIS
Mar 23, 2004
GB
We have a problem with IBM Director 5.10.1 where the PegasusProviderAdapter.exe process does not release file handles. In the end the Non paged kernel memory fills up and stops web services and/or slows the server.

Anyone have any ideas. 5.10.2 does not seem to fix the issue according to the release notes. I would like to check 5.10.3 but I haven't found where to download it from yet.

Many thanks

Thanks....yes I missed it. But got it from another forum. Ta.

We have a similar issue on all our Windows 2003 Advanced Cluster Servers (x346). The PegasusProviderAdapter.exe chews up file handles like crazy - over a million, then of course we run into NPP memory issues! Tried re-compiling related MOF, no good. Ran WMIDIAG.vbs, still reviewing that output. Anyone have same experience?

It would seem to be an agent problem. It seems to be fixed in 5.10.2 agent. Make sure that the servers agents are updated when the Director Server is. We are currently putting the 5.10.3 agent out. We seem to have a mix of agents on the servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back