Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Director Agent 4.1.02 - twgmonit.exe memory usage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swopepdx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2001
US
Recently upgraded IBM Director Agent to 4.1.02 from 4.1 release on W2K servers. Now some of these systems are showing the twgmonit.exe process thread grabbing memory and not releasing it. Usage grows over time and it has are large number of handles associated with around 4-5 threads for this process. Stopping and restarting the agent service, net stop/start twgipc, clears the memory usage temporarily. This sounds like a memory leak to me. IBM is scratching is head saying is a performance counter OS problem in MSW2K. I am looking for a tool that will show what this "twgmonit.exe" process is doing.

The 4.1.02 is the latest release code for the Director Agents. The link you reference is for Upward Integration Tool for link to Enterprise mgmt applications like OpenView, Tivoli or CA Unicenter. This is not the agent code. Thanks for the effort.

Steve

IBM Director v4.11 just released. Try it, since it fixes many things.

We are in communication with IBM Director Support in Raliegh and the issue has been escalated to the development staff. The memory leak on the twgmonit.exe appears to exist on all 4.1.02 releases but is more apparent on servers that are running Database software, such as MSSQL, Oracle and DB2 databases. OS is Windows 2000, SP3 and SP4. In addition, IBM is reviewing the new 4.11 code to see if the same problem exists in that release. IBM has not indicated if a fix has been found or how they will deal with the issue when one is identified.

Have you had any luck with IBM support? I'm experiencing the same problem along with the service stops after about 2-3 minutes of starting the service manually.

We're working with IBM guys in Rochester to try to figure out what's going on.

I have the same problem.
When twgmonit.exe reach hight CPU % utilization, I am not able also from server to monitor resource, and all monitor on Windows Services status return "Service Not Available" as result.
My Agent is 4.11, so this release not resolve the problem.

Hi all. We have experienced huge problems with our 360 servers attached to a Clariion CX600 SAN. The problems are that it seems like all I/O stops completely for several seconds in intervals of about every 30 seconds. When we stop the TWGIPC service, it seems there is no problem. It also seems as the problem accumulates to longer periods of IO hang, until we have to restart all servers hooked up to the SAN. The problems also occur on machines without the Director agent, but is hooked up to the SAN.... Does anynoe have any correspondance with IBM that can confirm that this is a problem against a SAN?

Good news! IBM Director 4.12 should be released in the near future. Keep checking the IBM Director web sight for the release date.

Ompa how did you determine that it was your CX600? We are having similar issue and would like to know how to determine if our CX600 causing the same issues.

Thanks

loom001 we aren't actually 100% sure it is the SAN, but we haven't seen the same errors on servers that are either using local disks or Scsi cabinets. We are still waiting for IBM to comment these problems.

Sorry for not answering earlier.

!!!WARNING!!!

IBM Director 4.12 has not shipped this is a test web sight for the team that is testing the IBM Director 4.12 code. DO NOT USE THIS the code may not be at gold code level and will not be supported by IBM.

I will let everyone know when the code is ready and the web sight to go to get it.

I have just spoken with my manager and IBM Director 4.12 has went gold but customer web sight is not available. You can access most of the code from the the web sight listed above. However not all of the code is there (i.e. The UIM code is not there). If this does not work properly or is missing code that you need for your enviornment. I would suggest holding off until the code is posted to:

This is the main IBM Director 4.1X customer sight.

Dan

The link I provided is the url for the release code. IBM does not place test code on their production network. The site is up and running and contains the v4.12 code.

I have talked to our TAM from IBM and this is indeed the code for 4.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back