Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Director 3.1 problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all!

I am having problems getting IBM Director 3.1 up and running. A little basic info first..

IBM x330 Server, 4Lx controller, 2x36 Gb disks and 1Gb memory. (Serverguide 6.08 used)

Now to the problem..

Installation goes thu without problems. I am basicly doing a default installation using a Access database.

When trying to start up after reboot it wont start and i get following errors in event log. It had no errors there before installastion.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: TWGServer
Event Category: Application Error
Event ID: 101
Date: 27.08.2002
Time: 15:29:37
User: N/A
Computer: OSL-NTS3
Description:
Application Error
Application: 'TWGServer (TWGVersion 3.10 2001-11-30 buildid 222)'
Error Code: 2
Error Message: 'com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGExtensionInitException: Error during com.ibm.sysmgt.nfeventext.nfhealthextension.InitClassInstances() - com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGExtensionInitException: Error instantiating HealthTask: Resource bundle "com.ibm.sysmgt.nfeventext.nfhealthresources" not found for task itdcim|HealthServerTask'

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2002
Time: 15:28:19
Description:
The open procedure for service "PerfDisk" in DLL "C:\WINNT\System32\perfdisk.dll" has taken longer than the established wait time to complete. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 61
Time: 15:27:56
Description:
WMI ADAP was unable to process the PerfDisk performance library due to a time violation in the open function.

I have tried looking into the troubleshooting guide, but there isnt much to find there..

..so, any suggestions?

Best regards
Roar Sand
Elkem ASA

what basically can you see in your working tray?? is it a red triangular object or a circle one?? Also, If you are getting a triagular object, did you use the same password as your Administrator during the setup?? cause ive got the same problem before... might worth a try though...

Its a red triangular. On mouse over it says inactive. Dobbel clicking on it says Server service: Error

Yes. I did use current administrator password during setup.

Gonna try patch up to 3.1.1 now but i dont have much hope.

Best regards
Roar Sand
Elkem ASA

Same problem with version 3.1.1

Time to call IBM i guess....

Roar Sand
Elkem ASA

Problem solved!

Apparently IBM director does not support norwegian locale during installation. So i reinstalled after changing to english locale it all works.

Roar

I've had exact the same problem with Belgian regional settings.

I had to (re)install IBM Director with English regional settings.
Even after installation you must not change the regional settings, because the Director service won't start up with other settings than English.

I didn't test it yet with version 3.1.1 or other patches released.

Is there any patch released to solve the problem?
Peter Geelen
System Engineer
Dolmen Computer Applications
E-mail: Peter.Geelen@advalvas.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back