Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Client Access on MetaFrame XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock2447

MIS
Nov 5, 2002
US
Does anyone else use IBM Client Access V5R1 on MetaFrame XP SP1? We are experiencing problems with very slow sessions and also with Client Access session just freezing for about 30 seconds and then it will come right back.

hi,
which sort of client are you using ?

Thinclient, PC+Program Neighb.,

only to test, try to install ICA client on a PC,
(make attention at performance flags) and
make a comparision between two types (PC and Thin) .
If there are differences check at WYSE site, if you are
using the last firmware available for your thinclient.

bye, Victor.

Hello

Have you resolve the Problem with Client Access ??? I Must Install Client Access next Week on an CitrixServer ???

King Regards
Erich

Hi,

We met the exactely same symptom of freezing:

2 W2Kserver SP3 with load balancing, metaframe XP SP2, PC with client ICA, windows desktop published with Word/Excel/Pwp + Lotus Notes 6 + Client Access V5R1.
Servers: bi-processors 2,2Ghz Xeon, RAM = 4Go, 70 users connected sinultaneously.

We found that printing on local or shared printers causes serious problems of slowness, but network printers don't. It's certainly a first way to explore.

I'me waiting for others ideas.

Thanks a lot.

May very well be unrelated, but many times when I've encountered issues with sessions/applications freezing then coming back it's been due to network problems - wins, dns, host files out of whack or perhaps irq clashes between nics and scsi controllers. Other times it's been due to the nics on the server or workstations being set to (say) full duplex but the switch thinking they should be half duplex or vice versa. Lastly, I've seen it when the server(s) have been very busy - for example when one session is doing a lot of disk intensive processing or has locked up.... issues with printing to local or shared printers will exacerbate such problems compared to printing to network printers directly from the server....

Anyhow, good luck....

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back