Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM AIX WINSOCKET ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIK

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2000
US
I HAVE A a software called Dejawint which opens a unix terminal called IBM AIX.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I open Dejawint I recieve a<br>WINSOCKET error and when I click &quot;okay&quot; it closes the Dejawint program?&nbsp;&nbsp;What could be the problem?&nbsp;&nbsp;I am able to get on Dejawint on other computers but not that one particular computer.<br><br>

is this still a problem?
if so you may have to make sure your tcp/ip settings are correct. or that you have an active network connection.
if the machine is running windows 98 you may have to create a simple dial up connection or install proxy client

let me know how this goes

What OS is this PC running? You may want to download the latest Winsock from Microsoft. Says the Manager to the person that invented the modem: &quot;Tell me again why you need two prototypes?!?&quot;

Hi WIK !

Check if you r able to ping the UNIX box from the command line and if so , then check if u r able to telnet into the unix box..i mean the windows telnet.exe application , if u r not able to then your TCP/IP stack might have some problem. Try removing networking and reloading ethernet card drivers and windows tcp/ip.
hope it helps,
Rajesh rajeshrcmc@hotmail.com
&quot;Better to ask a question once and be thought a fool once, than never to ask and remain a fool forever&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back