Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM 760EL Thinkpad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasyblu

Technical User
May 10, 2003
US
Hi! I've got an IBM Thinkpad 760EL and I loaned it out ,when I got it back nothing would come up on it .It just has ERROR across the screen. I did do a test and everything looks good except System board says'Dev 086,Err 22,Fru0010 Error 08611.Thank-you to anyone that can tackle this problem...Izzy

Hi Sasyblu, dev 086 is the pointing device. I don't know any more.

Good luck

Steve

Thank-You Swoolgrove for the info! Does Dev stand for Development ? Thanks again....sasy

Thank-You Swool for the helpful info...Your an Original! Sasy

Hi Swool...me again just wanted to Thank you again for the info and let you know I did try the IBM address you gave me to download the Manual but its saying Error site not found .I just wanted to let you know tho't maybe they might have changed it. Have a Great Day ! Sasy

Thank-You Swool I'll try this one .Have a Great Day !...Sasy

Hi Swool ! For some reason I can't get either IBM site .The first one says Error 404 and the second URL says Downloading from site then says Done but nothing shows up .I've got Acrobat Reader 5.1 but still no do. Got any ideas on how to access the site ? Thank -You so much.Have a Great Day !...Sasy

Hi Sasy, I'm not sure whats going on with the links, it might be that because of my warranty status that I can view the pages. If you do a "google.com" search for IBM FRU 760 Manual you should get the same page as me.

Good luck,

Steve

OK,Thanks Swool! I'll try that . Be letting you know if it works. Have a Great day ! Sasy

Hi Swool ! Well I did download the 760 Manual but I have another problem .Maybe you can help with That. A few months ago I had a cordless phone hooked to the same double connecter that my comp was on. Same wall phone hookup but had a phone line running to the comp and another running to the phone from a double connector. I had to take the phone off because some how it messed up my Wordpad to where I can't open any thing in it or its all just a bunch of Characters and 00000s.Whats up with that ? The Manual is to large to open in anything else. Also some times when I get a random popup in any other program it comes on with the sound of a phone dialing. Any ideas on how to correct this problem short of re-installing everything ? Thanks I really really appreciate anything you have to say ! Have a Great day ! Sasy Oh yea when I ppen Wordpad I get the phone dialing too and the phone was removed as soon as I found out it was messing something up...Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back