Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM 7014-T42 rack electrical specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat000003

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
CH
Hi guys.

I need to know what size circuit breakers these racks require at the power input. We are moving our infrastructure to a new building in June and the electrical contractor needs to know this.

An AIX consultant gave me a value, but I would like to verify it with a 2nd point of reference.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
Justus

It depends on what type of PDU you'll install.

for each T42 i have 2 X 32A

Voltage (Phase to phase) Circuit breaker rating
200-240 V 60 A (60 A plug) or 80 A (100 A plug)
200-240 V 63 A (No plug)
380-415 V 30 A
480 V 32 A

Source
find breaker

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Ask the infrastructure people in your current building what they are supplying and what type and voltage / current the plugs and sockets are.
For 240V (230 these days) we have one single phase 32A outlet per PDU in the rack and the circuit brakers should be motor rated. These allow a higher surge which computers need as they spin up all those fans and disks on startup.

Thanks chaps!!! That was what I wanted to hear - the consultant that helped with the implementation mentioned 32 Amps as well, so I def. think that is what I need.

Thanks a lot.

Justus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back