Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM 4690 POS question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishank

Technical User
Feb 1, 2005
US
On a IBM 4690 based POS.

I need to see if a register was left signed on during closing. Is there a log kept on the 4690 POS controller that will tell me this?

This is going to be a function of your POS software more than your hardware. What POS system are you using?

It is a 4690 Store System. It is customised specificly for the store.

But I was homing that the 4690 OS had some kind of feature to see a log or history of registers and when they are signed n and off.

because the customised part of it only let me see the current status not if on Monday a register was left on.

neuromancer480,

There is a file that stores the status of the terminals, however the file's name and structure is based on the application that is loaded on top of the OS. For SA the file you are looking for would be EAMTERMS.DAT.

Since you did not post what Application you are running, I can only answer for SA. It is NOT possible to do a "Daily Close" in SA if a terminal is signed-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back