Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM 3607 16x problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugherello

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
IT
Hi all,
I'm using IBM 3607 16x library on BAB 10.5 windows 200 system and It works very well....I installed BAB r12 on a windows 2003 system but It doesn't recognize my IBM library....why?
I'm not able to solve this problem..please help me!

First of all...THANK YOU!!

I fixed my problem deleting a regstry key ...base\tepengine and congiguring library manually....but now I have a different probelm: I can see library but all slots are dismounted. if I try to mount, inventory etcc... a receive 'Device is Busy' message!

Do you think that yor cumulative fix solves my problem?

Thank you for your attention!

Yes , apply the cummulative fix as it contains latest modules of tape engine , Also check for the firmware for the drive and changer

cheers

Sandy

Hi,
the fix doesn't solve my problem...I receive scsi port error message into TAPE.LOG...why!

can u verify if the firmware for the changer and the drive is the latest ? Update the scsi card drivers

cheers

Sandy

Hi sandyboy,
I'm using the same IBM library for a production enviironment (BAB 10.5) so.....what do you think the library works fine also with the production system even if I update firmware from new system?

Thank you for your patience!

Hi,
after many days Support CA suggest me to insert a regestry key "CHANGER_CFG" and now it works.

Thank you for your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back