Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM 3580-TD3 switch bank board config

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrCairo

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
AR
hello to all, I have IBM 3580-TD3 library ready drive outside autoloader, would want to know if somebody knows to the configurations of the 8 switch bank DIP near connector SCSI and 2 switch bank near the front in the LTO3 board. When I extract drive of autoloader (3581) continues appearing to autoloader in channel SCSI, I need to use drive in way stand alone and want to disconect that autoloader is seen. Any helps is good for my, thanks

So in the other words you want to remove the IBM 3580-TD3 from the autoloader and use it as a stand alone drive ?

To me this sounds like the firmware that you have installed on the drive is for an autoloader. Once you find the correct firmware for the system that you want it for and download it to the drive, it would be recognized as a standalone drive.

Hi, Mike, im try with 73P5 firmware (is for library ready) and 93G0 (for stand alone 3580-TD3), the results are the same, the "ghost" of the autoloader appear in the SCSI ID "X" LUN 0 and the 3580 drive in SCSI ID "X" LUN 1..., he is very frustrating because in stand alone connection mode the software backup service (Arcserve 11,5, for example) is not up because wait for respond from autoloader...
Very tanks for your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back