Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IB</Seagate hd question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2001
US
I got my hands on a IBM/Seagate hard drive. It is a IBM part #19k1614/Seagate ST173404FC. I have done a lot of searching on the internet and found it is a 40 pin fiber channel drive. What I want to do is get this drive to work in my windows 2k pro system. I know that Adaptec makes a controller with internal fiber channel, but I don't have 400-800 bucks to spend on a controller. I do have a 2940u2w in my system, and I have been looking for a converter to run the drive without any luck. I know that there are converters for 80 pin sca to 68 pin scsi. Does anyone know of a way for me to get this drive to work in my system with my existing controller it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

deans@bellsouth.net

Looked all over blackbox.com and all over the web. No luck. Has anyone heard of such an adapter yet? I saw that they have the 80 to 68 pin but no such 40 to 68 yet. A+ MCP
deans@bellsouth.net

Dean,
Did you get this one solved? I have the same drive.

Thanks,

RonB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back