Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IAS Voice Announcement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat123

Technical User
Dec 17, 2003
ZA
Hi All
Is there anyone who could assist me in retrieving the password for the IAS Voice Announcement on my IS 3030 system.
The password was changed from the default & the person who normally administers the system no longer works for the company.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi mat123,
has the person changed all passwords?, the common and the service?

I would try to connect with the one-day password.

Look at SOPHO VoiceManager Maintenance:

7.12. ONE-DAY PASSWORD TOOL
There is a one-day password tool which can be used to generate a password for a user.
The tool is a file called 1D.EXE. (Note: the filename is "1D" not "ID").
To obtain a one-day password, do the following:
- Use MSDOS commands to change the DOS prompt, to the directory containing the file
1D.EXE.;
- Type 1D (username);
- Press RETurn.
Note: The username used when creating a one-day password must conform to the
following requirements:
- Maximum 8 characters (case insensitive);
- Alpha-numeric characters only (A-Z, 0-9).
Note: The username must exist in the registry (in IAS Manager pull down menu
CONFIGURE, followed by maintain registry).
The password is valid for only the one day on which it is issued and should be used on that day.
When the one-day password is used to log on to IAS Management a menu is presented,
requesting the user of the one-day password to change it to a new password immediately. The
user can then use this new password, which only he or she knows, at any subsequent log-on.
The "one-day" characteristic is produced by the program 1D.EXE, which looks at the system
clock of the PC on which it is running and then generates a password based on the clock value.
When the one-day password is used to log onto IAS Management the program IAS
Management looks at the clock of the PC on which it is running and calculates the one-day
password it expects to see.
If the one-day password is the same as that calculated by IAS Management then it is accepted
and the user is logged on.
The program 1D.EXE will continue to run until:
- A valid username is used as shown above, or
- A blank line is entered (in other words, only the prompt on the MS-DOS command line,
followed by RETURN)
After a valid username is entered a password is displayed which uses only letters and figures.
The one-day password is totally independent of language.

I dont know, which rights you have with it.

If there no chance, I think you must install IAS- Software again.

Greats and good luck
Werner

Hi Werner
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query.I was certainly not expecting such an indepth reply which I am planning to test later today.
I must have you know that I was only aware of the "common" default password & did not know there was a "service" user account also.
Would you share that password so I could see whether I am able to access the registry.

Thank you once again for you help.

Matt

Hi mat123,

there are normally after installation these accounts:

User Password Owner
common 19071964 00
service 03101956 99

good luck and have a nice time
wernergo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search