Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IAD VOIP Megaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricOtt

Vendor
May 18, 2004
CA
Hey guys, i'm using a IAD card to do VOIP (Megaco) on Elite 192 V9.5. Everything works like a charm except for 1 thing. When i'm at the remote location and having a conversation with an outside caller, sounds like the voice/phone works like it's half-duplex. I've tried all sorts of adjustments (Full-Duplex 100M) but i think there all for data. Anyone knows which adjustements or where i can set it up to be more like full-duplex?

Thanks !

Hi,
1) Have you tried a Megaco Station on the LAN? (How is the quality)

2) Can you elaborate on the half Duplex conversation a bit more?

3) What Codec are you using?

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,

1)I've tried calling internally from a IP Phone at my remote location to another IP phone at the same location, works fine. I've tried from IP phone @ remote to DTH phone @ main location, works great too. Quality is good.

2)If i'm at the remote location, on a IP phone, and having a conversation with an outside caller (basically using the CO's at the main location) It sounds like half-duplex i.e. If you and I are talking on the phone and we count until 10 at the same time, i will not hear you at all but you will hear me. If i stop talking then i will hear you and if i start back again it will cut your speach path off to let me speak. On a regular situation, i would hear you talking/counting at the same time as me.

3)On the IAD card i'm using the default codec, i've tried the other ones and i didn't see much a difference.

Hope the infos are a little more clear!!

Thanks

BTW I'm using ADSL high speed at 1.5 Mb/s with 2 NEC bluefire router IX2010. There is no computers on the ADSL. It is used only for VoIP.

Thought you should know!

Hi EricOtt,
Sounds like you have a good grasp on things. What Service Pack are you running? We have not had this problems and have about 8 sites deployed with Megaco Stations and have not had this particular problem.

Thanks,
Chris A

Sorry for being late,

I'm currently running service pack 2 (Did the upgrade from the cd's).

I'm using the NEC BlueFire IX2010 routers at both the main and remote site. I'm also on dedicated DSL circuits 1.5 MBs

You have probably checked this already but you need to make sure that all the Ethernet Hubs in the path are switches not repeaters.

Try the new IAD firmware that enables the echo training mode via the phone. I'm not real familiar with the IAD yet but I noticed that posted on NTAC today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back