Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IA770 Default mailbox password / forwarding messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

row1030

Vendor
Dec 20, 2004
US
Can't find any Avaya documentation that addresses IA770 programming and have run into 2 issues:

1) Can't figure out what the default password is for mailboxes- # does not work like other Intuity's

2) When a message is left in someones mailbox and they try to forward it to another valid subscriber it tells them "invalid extension, please try another

1. I have not figured out the default password either # does not work. I called Avaya and they were clueless.

2.Forwarding does work for me.

Not sure that we want to post default passwords here or not for voice mail. If you want to you can call me tomorrow after 8am Central 402 829 1405 and I can give you the default password for 'sa' and for 'vm' for IA770.

Connie

The password that we are refering to is when you initially create a mailbox and when the user logs into it. It used to be " # " in all previous release untill now.

I dont need the sa or vm passwords.

did anyone figure this out yet? I have the same problem...

I called avaya the night of this cut to ask why the problem with the new audix. I could barely understand the man from india, but i did decipher that you can not leave the password blank anymore. I ask for documentation supporting this to provide to the customer, i have not received this yet...

I guess when working with cm and IA 4.0 the password structure has been change to be more integrated into OS

The way I got around it was to put the password in manually, but I enter a password that is less digits than the mininum password length. By doing that the system will prompt you to enter a new password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back