Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 softphone ver 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hall5942

Vendor
May 7, 2002
US
Does anyone know where to download the i2050 softphone that is compatible with windows 7? I have a bcm50 6.0 and the bcm says to go to support.avaya.com to download it but avaya says they don't have a download availible for it. I have a older version that is not compatible with windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

Sign in (did you sign in???)
Under products 1-9, you'll see "2050 IP Softphone".
Then click on downloads.
Theres both a 4.0 and 4.1 posted there.

Did you know any version from 3 onwards needs a licensing server, unlike the early license free versions?

I go there and I am signed in but it shows now downloads availible. I'll get a hold of my Avaya Rep. Doesn't sound like they gave me rights to download it with my user rights.

Thanks for your help pkellow.

The link below is to the Offical Release Notice for Avaya.
You should be able to download for free - do not let your rep try to sell you the IP2050 software. You are only paying for the CD.

Avaya 2050 IP Softphone for Windows PC Release 4.1 (Build 41) General Availability – Global

Sorry forgot to note, you now need to purchuse a “License Server Software” which is installed on the user's PC. and provides licensing to each installed 2050 IP Softphone client.

So you can download for free but you now have to purchase a Keycode License for the user PC to install/use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back