Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I2050 softphone question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMan3

Technical User
Mar 30, 2007
CA
Hi All

I have a question. I’m currently demoing the i2050 softphone ver3.0. PBX is release 3.0, Symposium 5.0.

One issue that my agents are complaining about is all Incoming ACD calls beep in the headset but the caller is heard through the PC speakers. The LIR will have to click on the headset button on the softphone to hear the caller through the headset. I do not see a setting on the softphone that can set the headset as the default answering device.

My only work around for this is to have all the sounds from the PC go through the headset. That includes the email notification chime, windows pop-up message sounds, ringing DN on the softphone etc. Absolutely no sounds will go through the PC speakers.

Is there any way to set the headset to the default answering device either on the softphone itself or in the pbx?

You need to be on CS 1000 4.0 or later to be able to set the default answering device from the IP Softphone 2050. For 4.0/5.0, there is a PEP required. For 5.0/5.5, no PEP.

so this can be programmed in the pbx itself?? not on the i2050 softphone?

On an IP Phone 200x/11xx, you press the "Services" button, then "Telephone Options", then "On Hook Default Path" to select between Handsfree and Headset. When you are going through that menu, it is actually being sent to the phone by the pbx. You need the PEP which I mentioned (or be on 5.0 or later), for the PBX to give that menu to the IP Softphone 2050.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back