Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 Remote Use - via VNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelnDE

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2008
US
We are looking to set up a few i2050 for remote use via our SSL VPN. Any suggestions for documentation / best practices on how to get this set up. I looked for some documentation from Avaya, but didn't see anything online. Thanks

What version of Softphone are you using? We have a dozen or so deployed across a variety of remote sites with mixed results. Typically I recommend a 4meg internet connection as the minimum as it covers the download/upload requierements and then some. Keep in mind that you will be losing QoS for the most part, and will likely encounter issues with call quality and disconnects from time to time.

I have seen Microsoft Outlook cause some issues with the softphones, specifically when opening attachments, but it tends to clean up rather quickly after the attachment is opened. I have had good luck changing the softphone process priority to high on some older machines. If i can think of anything else I will post up.

I would imagine GHTROUT and bigindian can offer some great advice as well, their my best source on this site.

Yep agree with everything Altayan said :) Yes you will lose QoS from outside the company to your 'inside' VPN connection so best of luck!
I haven't had many issues remotely and just about 0 using softphone inside the company network :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back