Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 Licensing Server Upgrade from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

narsman

Technical User
Jun 16, 2010
US
Is there a procedure for upgrading an existing i2050 licensing server from server 2008 to server 2012. The 2012 server will be virtual.
Pretty sure I'll need to regen Keycodes for FQDN, etc, but need to find a written procedure if it exists.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch.

I could only find this information below which is quite old

Supported operating systems for Avaya softphone 2050PC licensing server
Clarification on which operating systems officially support Avaya softphone 2050PC licensing server

Details:
Full list of operating systems that support Avaya softphone 2050PC licensing server as of March 2015
o Windows 8
o Windows 2008
o Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
o Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
o Microsoft Windows 2000 (32 bit)
o Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
o Microsoft Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit)
Information received from senior Avaya product manager. IP deskphone fundamentals ntp NN43001-268-09-04 October 2014 has been updated to reflect the supported systems

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

We actually just did this exact thing too. We had to get our vendor to regen the keys with the new file as you described. I'm not 100% if there is a written procedure.

Sharky,

Were you able to just upgrade the server to 2012 with the i2050 Licensing Server still installed and then add new key codes or was it more involved?

Steve

I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch.

We actually stood up a new server and had both running simultaneously with separate keycodes. I feel like an inplace upgrade might be easier barring you use the same FQDN/IP address for the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back