Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 caller can't hear us

Status
Not open for further replies.

usx

MIS
Jun 7, 2006
US
Hi folks, need some input on an issue we're experiencing with our softphones. The issue we're having is the caller can't hear us but we can hear them.This doesn't happen all the time, it's sporadic. When this happens it happens to 2 different ppl @ the same time, not just one person. This is also only happening to folks who are vpn'd into our network, doesn't happen to folks in the office. I can use my softphone all day here at work with no problems. But if I work from home and vpn into the network that's when it happens. We're using intel dual core processors on desktops and core 2 duo on the laptops.The headsets are Plantronics DSP400. Applications running are microsoft outlook, I'll have to get with our outside salesman to see what other apps their running.It's strange and has me scratching my head.HELP!!

What codec are you using for the softphones that are VPN'ed?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

pardon my ignorance, but I have no clue?? How would I find out?

No voice path means the the IP softphone doesn't know how to route packets to the BCM at the other side.

Chances are you will need to get assistance from the network and VPN people.

we have a cs1000 not a bcm50....i will get with our network folks and see what we can come up with. Thx

Ok. Youve posted in the wrong forum for the CS1000.

..and if you are trying to call from one IP Softphone 2050 on VPN to another IP Sofpthone 2050 on VPN, then will need to enable tunnel-to-tunnel routing on your VPN switch.

..also check to see if using the latest version of the IP Softphone 2050 (2.1.260).

i had it posted in the right section but someone suggested to post it here thinking I would get more hits on the subject.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back