Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2033 stuck on loading boot parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

harps08

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2008
CA
thread798-1540766

I am having the same problem as described in this thread. Phone will not boot to allow me access into it. Pressing the services key twice does not work either. Anyone have any suggestions ?

You can try the below info to factory reset a Nortel IP phone that is already running UNIStim firmware release 3.0 or later.

The UNIStim firmware release 3.0 for IP Phones introduces the ability to restore an IP Phone to a "factory default" configuration. This can be useful when redeploying an IP Phone from one location to another, when starting to use an IP Phone with unknown history, or to reset to a known baseline configuration.

With UNIStim firmware release 3.0, and greater, the following keypad sequence is used to reset all provisioning parameters to a "factory default":

[*][*][7][3][6][3][9][MAC][#][#]

Where the MAC corresponds to the MAC address of the IP Phone which can be found on a label on the back of the IP Phone.

Since a MAC address can contain the letters A through F, the letters A, B and C can be entered via the [2] key on the dial pad, and letters D, E and F can be entered via the [3] key.

For example, an IP Phone with MAC address 00:19:E1:E2:17:12 would be reset to "factory default" when the sequence **73639001931321712## is entered on the keypad.

The "factory reset" sequence mentioned above does not apply to the 2033.

Bummer thought it might work :( Sorry - Gweb do you have one for the 2033 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back