Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I2004p2 phones reregistering

Status
Not open for further replies.

telebub

Vendor
Jan 9, 2009
US
Good Morning. Looking for some Signaling Server troubleshooting techniques, maintenance commands, or logs to look at to help me identify an issue.

Site A = Main Office with CS1000m, leader and follower Sig Servers on 7.65.
Site B = Remote office with 29 I2004p2 phones registered and load balanced. Built as Call Center acquired by AACC.
Site C = Remote Office with 1 I2004p2 phone registered
Site D = Remote Office with 1 I2004p2 phone registered

We're getting complaints of all phones dropping registration and reregistering. However when I look at the uptimes of the phones, the phone at Site D never drops.

The phone at Site C does drop with the phones at Site B. Sometimes when they notify us of the issue, the uptimes of the phones will be mismatched like it only happened to half the phones, not all. This occurs across both Sig Servers and is not isolated to just one of them.

I see no errors in the PBX and the Node stats show consistent uptimes for the node.

Any thoughts or ideas to help me identify the source of the problem?

It sounds to me that you have a networking problem. It's best to find out what recent changes were made my IT or if any of their data switches are the problem. IP phones would be one of the first things that get noticed.

Thet lack of events showing on the CS1000 would indicate that this was the case.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Do you have Firewalls between the sites could be UDP timeout, Sig Server polls idle sets for registration and if the firewall drops the session before the poll the set becomes unregistered, of course soon as you pick up phone a re-registration is forced and it comes straight up. But as Firebird says suspect network/Firewalls (Something in between).

Hey guys, this was proven to be an MPLS issue with AT&T. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back