Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2004 remote location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
Can someone point me towards an installers guide for installing a I2004 offsite? The only real settings I see on the phone are S1 S2 and port#. I am not sure where to begin. I have 6 I2004 sets all working off the server but they are internal, we would like to add a phone at another location.

Take a look here

thread1812-1731583

I've been able to set up dozens of these sets easily at remote locations, in fact, mailing them to non tech savvy friends and having them install them at home. For one friend, the most difficult thing was him trying to find the right LAN/WAN port on the back of his router to plug the phone into.

The 1100 sets are sometimes more complicated because they have more options, but I've never had a problem with the dozen or so remote i2000 sets I've set up.

A few steps:

First, if you have BCM you can access and the firmware, make sure the i2000 firmware is set to the latest version the BCM supports for these phones.

If you can't, well you'll have to move on to this step and hope the firmware cooperates:

Make sure your UCx has an external IP address associated with it. To do this:

Access the GUI and go to Nortel Settings and then Advanced General Settings and change the Public IP to your external IP address of the Host system network.

I would also go to SIP Settings on the GUI and then to NAT Settings and set the Dynamic Host to your External IP Address and then set the Refresh to 120.

Once you boot the phone, swipe the 4 Soft Keys from left to right as soon as the "Nortel Networks" appears on the screen.

I normally set the remote IP Phone to Partial DHCP for the local network.

Then I set the S1 of the IP Phone to the external address of your ISP connection that the UCx is linked to.

You can do the same for the S2 if you prefer.

Then set the S1 Port Setting to 7000 and you just keep pressing OK, OK, OK, until the phone reboots. The rest of the items do not really seem to matter with the i2000 sets.

Let me know how it works.

Joe

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back