Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2004 phones not registering with Sig Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuelK

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
US
We have a CS1000 Release 5. We had a new UPS installed over the weekend, which cut power to our networking equipment and reuqired shutting down the signaling servers (the PBX was left up and running).

All of our phones that were registered with the signaling servers before the UPS install are fine, but any phone we move or reboot fails to come up properly.

The phone boots normally until it shows the TN. After selecting "OK" to confirm the TN, the phone display goes blank.

If I hit the left-most soft-button at the bottom of the display, the phone asks for the TN again, then immediately goes blank after confirming it.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Again, phones that are already registered are working fine.

Thanks for any help!

Sam

Thanks for the reply.

I programmed a new set, and it does the same thing.

As much as I hate to say it, and I would not want to do it since the phones may not register, is to reboot one of the sig servers and see if that clears the issue. I think I would first call my vendor and involve their engineers.

That's pretty much the course of action I'm taking right now. Have to wait until after-hours for a Sig Server reboot, but I've got in a call to the vendor to find out if there's anything else I can try.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

Seen something similar on 5.0.

There was a deplist patch that needed a reboot to clean out the caches on the sig server. If you don't reboot phones won't register after power cycle - service desk installed the patches but didn't reboot which brought the whole node down.

Check the SS logs for any messages about already registered.

Are the sig servers patch current?

J.

Senior Engineer, cmass

Our sig server patches are not current... we're in the process of getting that scheduled, but for now, it looks like a reboot will be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back